Updated transition behaviorsBack to all posts
Aug 16, 2023
Updated transition behaviors
New transition and text behavior blocks
Behaviors are a special type of block that get your layers animating without the use of keyframes. They are great for animating your project in just a few clicks. We’ve reworked our most commonly used transition behaviors to have a standard set of controls and common default settings.
Now all transition behaviors have corresponding in-and-out blocks that can be used to bring your layer in and out of the scene. Each of these behaviors has the option to fade the layer in while animating. Additionally, all text behaviors have text direction controls to set the direction you’d like the text to animate in. Learn more about blocks in our help docs.
Clearer layer bounds
We're adding group guides as a follow-up to group dimensions introduced in v154. These guides display an outline of your group’s dimensions when working with group children, so you always know the boundaries of your group.
Alignment actions now align children relative to these guides instead of the project’s canvas dimensions. Learn more about working with groups in our help docs.
Quicker canvas navigation
Navigating the canvas on Fable has never been easier. We’ve added new intuitive controls for zooming and panning the canvas.
- Zoom in and out of the canvas - CMD + scroll wheel OR pinch gesture on trackpads
- Pan around the canvas - scroll OR middle mouse button + drag
Learn about more shortcuts available in Fable in our help docs.
Bug fixes & improvements
- Added an auto line-height setting that automatically sets the selected text layer’s line height to the recommended line height defined in the font file.
- Improved playback performance of projects that contain multiple video layers.
- Increased the sticky keys threshold for alt + dragging layers to duplicate them on the canvas. Now, there’s some additional wiggle room when using keyboard shortcuts with the alt key for Fablers who have difficulty holding multiple keys at once.
- Added the ability to select text layers at any point the text renders, even if it’s beyond the boundaries of the text dimensions.
- Improved up and down caret navigation in text layers.
- Improved the usability of selecting individual characters on text layers.
- Added the ability to adjust text alignment before typing in a newly created text layer.
- Text now remains highlighted when dragging a text selection outside the text layer’s bounding box.
- Added the ability to stop playback by clicking on the canvas.
- When working with multiple tabs in the editor, Fable will now treat the zoom level and position for each tab individually
- Updated cursor styling when duplicating layers on the canvas.
- Decreased the canvas drag sensitivity to avoid unintended position adjustments when selecting a layer.
- Added the ability to move layers behind other layers if they are selected.
- Fixed a bug that prevented selecting the last letter on a text layer.
- Fixed an issue that caused exports with images to render with the images in incorrect positions.
- Fixed a bug that caused clip content settings on groups to not work if the layer was the same size as the group.
- Fixed an issue with gradients on text layers. Previously, gradients with added rotation didn’t apply to the corners of text layers. Now they will span the full diagonal of text layers.
- Resolved a bug that caused the editor to crash when creating a new duplicator.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Figma plugin to crash when attempting to copy open shapes.
- Fixed an issue that caused text layers to import with the incorrect font size and position.
- Images copied using the Figma plugin will be pasted as single layers instead of groups with masks.
- Dashed paths, Stroke end points, Figma effects, gradient/image strokes, and open ellipses will all import into Fable as images.
- Added the option to export all selected frames as flattened PNGs.