Text dimensions and layer trimmingBack to all posts
May 5, 2023
Text dimensions and layer trimming
- Animatable width and height dimensions on text layers. You can find these controls on the inspector when you have a text layer selected.
- Adjust text layer properties when you have multiple text layers selected.
- The typewriter behavior has been replaced by new Type in and Type out behaviors. These updated behaviors enable you to transition text into or out of your project, with the ability to adjust the direction and easing of the animation.
- Maintain ratio when adjusting layer dimensions. You can do this by pressing the shift key while dragging the circles on the bounding box.
- Trim layers and their children. You can do this by selecting a layer with children and using the following shortcut: Cmd + Opt + Shift + [ or ].
Bug fixes & improvements
- The inspector collapse interaction now only closes when clicking the chevron.
- Reordered behavior categories for easier access to frequently used behaviors.
- Projects now remember which scenes were open between sessions.
- Fable now directs users to the appropriate editor mode when they attempt to access modes they don't have permission to use.
- Added support for clipping masks from Illustrator and XD in SVG imports and pastes.
- The layer list now truncates long layer and property names in the timeline.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult to add points to a path when using the pen tool in shape edit mode.
- Group masks now account for children in/out points when children are text layers.
- Fixed a bug that trimmed leading whitespace on text layers. Now, your layers can begin with spaces if desired.
- Fixed the canvas crash caused by linking a variable to the Tint effect applied to a scene instance.
- Fixed an issue that created widgets in the asset browser when duplicating layers with behaviors.