Orient to Path and Position PathsBack to all posts
Sep 27, 2022
Orient to Path and Position Paths
We’re introducing the ability to orient objects to the path they’re moving in. Turn on the ‘Orient to Path’ feature for any layer you’d like Fable to automatically set the rotation for. This new feature works for any layer in your project that has position keyframes.
With Orient to Path and Position Paths, you’ll be able to create complex position + rotation animation without needing many keyframes. For example, the animated GIF posted above is created with just 2 position keyframes.
To learn more about how this feature works, refer to this help article.
We’ve introduced Shape Editing Mode and Position Path Editing Mode over the past month. To give you more control while in these modes, we’re introducing the ability to select multiple points while in these editing modes, so you can efficiently transform complex paths.
While in either editing mode, click + drag to create a marquee around the points you’d like to edit. With multiple points selected, you can drag any selected point to transform the entire selection.
Today we’re introducing snapping to the playhead on the timeline. While dragging the playhead across the timeline, hold ‘SHIFT,’ and the playhead will snap to keyframes, layer in/out points and work area in/out points.
Fixes & Improvements
- Introduced support for ‘opacity’ animation for groups on Lottie exports.
- Fixed a bug that caused Lottie exports to sometimes crash when small text layers were included in the project.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented users from switching export types on the export modal.
- Fixed a bug that allowed playback beyond the project duration.
- Fixed an issue that caused the canvas to reset zoom during playback or while panning the canvas with the hand tool.
- Fixed an issue that caused crashes when ungrouping scenes.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to unlink duplicators.