New export formatsBack to all posts
Mar 10, 2023
New export formats
We redesigned the exporter to deliver intuitive settings and support for WebM, WebP, and PNG sequences. Read the help doc to learn more about how to export, basic export settings, and other supported export formats.
- Introduced the ability to deselect layers with ESC key or by clicking into empty space on the layer list.
- Updated text inputs so that you can add/delete characters in the middle of an input. Previously, the type cursor would automatically jump to the end of the input when making adjustments.
- Added audio controls to video layers on the timeline. Now you can mute audio from videos during playback and/or exports.
- Added the volume block to the video layer inspector to control the volume of a video layer.
- Added the ability to detach audio from video layers.
Variables & Connections
- Added connections to Behaviors. Now you can use variables and other properties to inform your Behaviors.
- Fixed an editor crash caused by deleting scene variables on scenes. Previously, if a scene instance had a variable control linked to a project variable, and the original scene’s variable was deleted, the editor would crash.
- Disabled connection input for computed utilities.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple connection panels to overlap.
- Using the “Project Window” setting on GIFs, Animated PNGs, and WebP exports has been fixed. Previously, this would only work if your work area started on the first frame.
- Introduced the ability to export files with non-ASCII filenames.
- Fixed a bug with the “Loop” setting on PNG and WebP exports. This setting allows your exports to be loopable.
- Fixed a bug that created artifacts on transparent GIF exports.
Other fixes & improvements
- Fixed an issue that caused images, video, and text layers to flicker anytime you made changes to your project. Now, there should be no flickering.
- Fixed an issue that caused crashes on text layers with custom fonts. Now, custom fonts should behave the same as all other text layers.
- Fixed issues that caused long queue times on exports and font uploads.
- Fixed issues with importing PSD files into Fable.
- Previously layers with image fills were pasted incorrectly from Figma. Now, images should be imported correctly from Figma.
- Increased the upload limit size.
- Fixed issues that caused Position Paths to behave unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue that caused reordering text layers to adjust render quality.