2023-05-19: Draw text layers, new line break controls, redesigned font selector, fixes & improvementsBack to all posts
May 19, 2023
- Introducing the ability to draw text layers directly on the canvas, allowing you to set the size of your text layer perfectly for the composition you're working on.
- New text break settings. There are now 3 modes for more text layer flexibility:
- Word: Break lines at each word. (this is the current setting).
- Character: Break lines at each character
- Dynamic: Breaks lines at each word. If there is only one word on a line, break lines at each character
- The font selector has been redesigned! You can now easily navigate font families using filters or search across both default and custom fonts.
- Now you can re-order variables on the variables manager. Updating the order of your variables changes the order they display in both Create mode and Remix mode.
- Enhanced copy + paste layers functionality to now include parented and masked layers.
- Added the ability to undo new point creation with the Pen tool.
- Improved asset organization: Custom fonts can now be added to folders within the asset browser. By default, they'll be added to a “Custom fonts” folder.
- Updated text layer click creation: Text layers will now be created at the exact location of your mouse click with top-left alignment.
- Inspector inputs don’t get highlighted when you drag things such as the playhead across the screen.
- Updated error pages on your projects that redirect you to support and help articles if you run into permissions issues.
- Refreshed the delete assets dialog for better usability.
- Added an alert when an incorrect password is entered during password change attempts.
- Resolved issues with alignment buttons within groups. Now children of groups can be aligned within the group.
- Fixed a problem where copy-pasting behaviors only worked for the first layer.
- Fixed a few bugs that caused editor crashes when setting layer dimensions to 0
- Fixed a bug that hid the Behaviors & effects section on text layers when using a small browser window
- Solved an issue that prevented gradients from being set at the corner of shapes.
- Fixed a crash when dragging a layer into duplicator layers.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when trying to embed a project that included an image