2023-04-21: Image Fills, Language Support, Fixes & ImprovementsBack to all posts
Apr 21, 2023
We're changing the way you can control images on Fable. Instead of being added as a distinct layer type, images will now be added as shape layers with an image fill. This gives you all the dimensional flexibility of a shape layer when working with images. Now, you can animate dimensions or customize the aspect ratio of your images for different designs. We've also introduced sizing controls for how your image fills the dimensions you define.
Check out our help docs to learn more about how to use image fills.
Additional Language Support
Fable now has text layer support for characters outside the standard US-ASCII character set + expanded support for special glyphs e.g. single and double quotation marks, dashes, and ellipses.
The following languages now have full coverage: Albanian, Basque, Breton, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Faroese, Finnish, French, Gaelic (Irish), German, Icelandic, Italian, Irish, Luxembourgish, Malay, Norwegian, Occitan, Portuguese, Rhaeto-Romanic, Rotokas, Scottish, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, and Walloon.
For specific language requests, let us know in Discord or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fixes & Improvements
- Lottie exports now support transparent gradient fills.
- Lottie exports now support behaviors that modify the position, rotation, scale, skew, or opacity properties of layers. These behaviors include Slide, Wiggle, Vibrate, Rush, and more.
- Updated the styling of the dashboard sidebar. Account settings are now located in the organization dropdown of the sidebar.
- Fixed an issue that prevented animation of the color opacity property from smoothly transitioning between keyframe values.
- Fixed an issue with the font family selector that occasionally prevented you from selecting a font you previously had active.