2022-02-22: New Ways to Move & Connect Variables, Fixes & ImprovementsBack to all posts
Feb 22, 2023
Creating Variables UX Improvements
We've added two new features to make creating variables seamless. Now, create variables directly from the connections dropdown while your work is in progress. And, connect multiple layers to a variable at the same time; use the inspector connections panel on shared properties across your selection.
Fixes & Improvements
- Audio layers that are hidden will no longer play during playback.
- Added the ability to connect two properties: the output of the Number to String utility block and a Text layer.
- Fixed a bug that caused editor crashes when working with moved project files. Custom fonts now move with projects that are moved between teams.
- Now, when creating a new scene with layers that are connected to variables, copies of the variable will be moved to the scene and the instance of the scene will be connected to the project’s variables.
- The duplicator random seed property now increments in multiples of 1 and 10.
- Added colored icons to the variable types on the Variables manager.
- Reordered the list of variable types that appear when you create a new variable, so the most common variable types appear at the top.
- Updated icons on the timeline.
- Previously, when you keyframed a text layer’s content field, the contents would have a “NaN” appended to the layer. Now, the layer displays only the content you keyframe using step-interpolation.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when trying to connect variables and connections to effects blocks on the project inspector.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when you would undo (CMD+Z) pasted keyframes on the timeline.
- Fixed an issue that caused the font selector to not be scrollable.
- Fixed the Number to Color utility block so that it accurately calculates colors based on inputs.
- Fixed a bug that caused parent-children layers to have their positions altered when creating a scene with them.
- Fixed a bug that caused behaviors to have incorrect in/out points in scenes when the layers used to create the scene have different in/out points.
- Fixed a bug that caused errors while exporting a project that had multiple copies of the same video file.
- Fixed an issue that would cause timeline properties and layers to temporarily disappear while scrolling through the timeline.
- Fixed a bug that caused the connection panel to sometimes not display active connections between properties.
- Fixed visual issues with drawing connectors between properties on the Inspector.
- Fixed the knob that controls the gradient angle for color properties. Now, the knob spins as expected.
- Fixed a bug that caused effects put on a scene instance to affect the contents of the scene.
- Fixed a bug with the drop shadow opacity controls.
- Fixed a bug that caused the twirl effect to behave incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from creating a new team if you'd already deleted a team.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from removing teammates who have not accepted their invites yet.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Number to Color utility block’s result to be editable when it should be automatically calculated. The property is no longer editable.