Last Revised on May 12, 2021
2. Our Collection and Use of Information
When you use the Services or otherwise engage with us, we may ask you to provide us with certain details or information about you:
- Basic contact details – name, address, phone number, email. We collect basic contact details communicate with you, provide you with products and services, and to market to you.
- Account information – your email and password. We collect account information to maintain and secure your account with us. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- Preference information – information that you enter related to stories that you create or access. We collect preference information to provide you with the Services.
- Transaction information – information related to your purchase of and subscription to our Services. We collect transaction information to provide you with the Services and any other products or services you have requested.
- Any other information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Contact Us email addresses.
Some features of the Services may require you to enter certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
We may obtain certain information about you from outside sources, such as when you choose to interact with us on social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter or Medium) or when you choose to log into your Fable account with a separate personal account, such as Google. We also obtain certain information about you from third party vendors and service providers who may collect information directly from you, including our payment processor Stripe. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy of the information provided to us by third parties and are not responsible for any third party’s policies or practices. See Section 6 below for more information.
In addition to the foregoing, we may use all of the above information to comply with any applicable legal obligations, to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, the rights of our users, or others.
3. How We Share Your Information
We share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With vendors or other service providers, such as
- Our payment processor, Stripe
- Data analytics vendors and cookie providers
- Cloud storage providers
- Email marketing vendors
- Security vendors
- Customer data management vendors
- When you request us to share certain information with third parties, such as through your use of social media widgets or login integrations
- In connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction
- To comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries
- To enforce any applicable terms of service
- To ensure the safety and security of Fable and/or our users
- With professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firm
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may also allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, our website is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may control the way in which your devices permit the use of Tracking Technologies. If you so choose, you may block or delete our cookies from your browser; however, blocking or deleting cookies may cause some of the Services, including general functionality, to work incorrectly. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you may be able to configure your browser settings to use the Services without some cookie functionality. You can delete cookies manually or set your browser to automatically delete cookies on a pre-determined schedule. For example, in the Internet Explorer menu bar, select: Tools → Internet Options → Browsing History → Delete to view manual and automatic options.
To opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, click here.
If you have questions regarding the specific information about you that we process or retain, as well as your choices regarding our collection and use practices, please contact us using the information listed below.
5. Social Features
Certain features of the Services permit you to initiate interactions between the Services and third-party services or platforms, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Social Features include features that allow you to click and access our pages on certain third-party platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and from there to “like” or “share” our content on those platforms. Use of Social Features may entail a third party’s collection and/or use of your data. If you use Social Features or similar third-party services, information you post or otherwise make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you are using. Both Fable and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of both the Services and the third-party service. For more information on third-party websites and platforms, see Section 6.
6. Third Party Websites and Links
7. Data Security
Please note that any information you send to us electronically, while using the Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Any information you send us through any means is transmitted at your own risk.
8. International Users
The Services are designed for users in the United States only and are not intended for users located outside the United States.
9. How to Contact Us